Help About Concertina Amplification

Hello again!

I am considering about buying a new system and better for amplification of my concertinas.

I have using since I bougjt my concertina the typical microvox system with contact ¿? microphones with velcro directly over the concertina grill. But it has usually a low volume and I wanted to begin to use one better for using it with ampli (I am going to buy an AER ampli for playing mainly in pubs, etc.)

What systems do you use for amplification?

My brother uses for his flute a Sennheisser micro, but I don't know if I want to spend a lot of money in the new amplification system...

Thanks

Felix Castro

Hello again!

I am considering about buying a new system and better for amplification of my concertinas.

I have using since I bougjt my concertina the typical microvox system with contact ¿? microphones with velcro directly over the concertina grill. But it has usually a low volume and I wanted to begin to use one better for using it with ampli (I am going to buy an AER ampli for playing mainly in pubs, etc.)

You shouldn't be getting low volume with the Microvox.

Are you going directly to the amp with a quarter inch cable? Or are you going through a direct box and an XLR cable? The latter should produce all the volume you want or need.

I agree with Jim, I have all the volume I need on the Microvox. You could make sure that the 9V battery in the box that the two mics plug into is fresh. I am not sure if I get plugged into mixer board through a preamp since I don't handle the sound system but that might be something to check out also. Good Luck