English Treble?

nontox

This Concertina is offered on Ebay - I wonder what it is and well it might be really cheap because so little of the concertinists do speak french ... :ph34r:

nontox

Well, and it´s got certainly a pair of very colourful bellows :)

my french might need an update, I wonder what that means (and an online translation doesn´t help either)

ébène restauré and quelques lamelle à réaccorder

might the second one mean the bellows???

I´d be very careful

My online translator spits out the following text:

" English concertina, of 1929 (written indoors), 48 keys rare, chromatic thing therefore very simple of use, buttons from ivory and ebony restored it has years at a refreshing tuner of Lyons, bellows in state, still undamaged, some small strip there absolutely to re-grant very nice room, used regularly as buffoon's instrument (personnel), it was up to an uncle in égalemment job it is sold on Marseilles, possible dispatch in security in colissimo paiment paypal"

nontox

My online translator spits out the following text:

" English concertina, of 1929 (written indoors), 48 keys rare, chromatic thing therefore very simple of use, buttons from ivory and ebony restored it has years at a refreshing tuner of Lyons, bellows in state, still undamaged, some small strip there absolutely to re-grant very nice room, used regularly as buffoon's instrument (personnel), it was up to an uncle in égalemment job it is sold on Marseilles, possible dispatch in security in colissimo paiment paypal"

nontox

Well, still not convincing, I´d say.

I watch the market since years at ebay´s and did as well read in these cnet forums a lot. I do trust peoples opinions here (well, most of them that is) and I know what I have seen on ebay during the years.

You don´t know what you get - maybe the box is in very good condition maybe not. If it´s for decoration purpos - why not. For an instrument that shall last for quite some time and assuming you don´t want to spend a lot of money on getting it in playing mode, well, maybe not the best choice.

Christian

From one of the French instructors:

English "concertina" from 1929( written in the inside), 48 keys, very rare, chromatic, so very easy to use, ivory and ebony buttons just completely restored a by a tuner repairmen from Lyon a year ago . Bellows in good shape, still in good shape, few stripes to put back together, to repair...) a very pretty piece, regularly used as a clown instrument(personal),

Confusion the sentence could be translated two different ways :

1. .......it belonged to an uncle practicing this profession as well. It is sold in Marseille.

2........belonged to an uncle practicing this profession, also sold in Marseille.

Safe shipping possible, Paypal or bank transfer accepted, we only ship once when the payment is received, Happy bidding for you all!

Some sentence were confusing and a saw a word that might not even exist( I looked in the dictionnary, and did not find it). The funniest sentence imply that the uncle is sold in Marseille!_

So, there it is. Looks like leaky bellows, although it was repaired just a year ago? And that the uncle was sold in Marseille. :)

- Anthony