Wakker Anglo Usa Concertina Tour

Following Bob Tedrow’s example, I would like to invite concertina.net members to participate in the first Wakker anglo USA concertina tour. Bob was kind enough to advise me in setting up this tour. I’ll be following his example.

I’ve managed to create enough extra time in our schedule to make a model A2 anglo, without affecting the waiting times of our customers. The tour will start (late) April.

The instrument in question is going to be a standard C/G model A2 anglo with 30 keys + drone, raised french walnut ends, steel reeds in brass frames (traditional concertina reeds), parallel reed chambers, metal keys (metal cap/delrin cores), riveted action, and 6 fold bellows.

I have not yet decided which tuning it is going to have (Wheatstone or Jeffries). I’ll leave that choice to the first (10?) people that sign up.

If you would like to participate send me an email at info@concertinaconnection.com for an application form.

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection v.o.f.

So far the majority of the players interested in test driving our anglo voted for Jeffries layout. So, Jeffries it is.

I will start emailing the application forms within the next few days.

I will keep a photo diary of the making of this instrument. I started today with selecting and sanding/cutting the necessary wood and metals. You’ll find a link on our site (concertinaconnection.com). I will (probably) update daily.

Wim Wakker

Smashing to see you following Bob's example. I can think of no more rigorous test of a maker's instruments than this, and your conviction that the concertina will stand the test is in itself a strong recommendation for your work. I hope others do likewise.

Cheers,

Chris

So far the majority of the players interested in test driving our anglo voted for Jeffries layout. So, Jeffries it is.

I will keep a photo diary of the making of this instrument. I started today with selecting and sanding/cutting the necessary wood and metals. You’ll find a link on our site (concertinaconnection.com). I will (probably) update daily.

Wim Wakker

Wim, It's probably too late to suggest this, but have you considered making this a world tour?

Of course, by "world tour" what I selfishly really mean is - include the UK :)

Wim Wakker

Wim, It's probably too late to suggest this, but have you considered making this a world tour?

Dear Wim, I would agree to Gerry and ask if you plan a European tour including Germany ?

Jo

Dear Wim, I would agree to Gerry and ask if you plan a European tour including Germany ?

Jo

To be honest, I never thought of a European tour... but, if there is enough interest, why not.

It will have to be later this year, maybe even with the same instrument. Originally I planned to keep this instrument in the US for tax purposes.. It would be, from a financial point of view, better to sell it after the tour as a used instrument in the US (ebay?) than sending it back to Europe...

Wim

P.S. you can follow the progress of this instrument on our site: www.concertinaconnection.com

Edited by wim wakker

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying watching the instrument develop. From scratch to finished product is always an interesting story. Thanks for letting us watch.

You’re welcome. I have no idea how many people are watching the progress…. I must say it is quite a hassle sometimes to have something to show at the end of a day…

This traveler project is not synchronized with our normal production. It is about 2 weeks ahead. We’re just about to start a new batch next week (which will include the first Hayden model) when the traveller is halfway…

In case anyone wonders, we’re still accepting applications for the tour.

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection

The traveler’s progress can be followed on our site: concertinaconnection.com

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying watching the instrument develop. From scratch to finished product is always an interesting story. Thanks for letting us watch.

You’re welcome. I have no idea how many people are watching the progress…. I must say it is quite a hassle sometimes to have something to show at the end of a day…

This traveler project is not synchronized with our normal production. It is about 2 weeks ahead. We’re just about to start a new batch next week (which will include the first Hayden model) when the traveller is halfway…

In case anyone wonders, we’re still accepting applications for the tour.

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection

The traveler’s progress can be followed on our site: concertinaconnection.com

I suspect many of us are watching. I only think to check every other day or so. While there are other photos of concertina projects on various maker's sites, this may be the first wooden boards and sheet metal to finished product view. I'm sure it will be the first in which we can watch the creation of an instrument and then get to try it out.

Good education for us and good marketing for you.

• 4 weeks later...

We are slowly getting ready to organize the US anglo tour.

If you’re interested in participating, May 1st is our closing date for applications.

Just send me an email at info@concertinaconnection.com for an application form.

I hope to finish the instrument within the next week or two.

If you’re interested, you can follow the instruments progress on our site: www.concertinaconnection.com

Wim Wakker

Wim, out of curiousity, what is your NA distribution and dealer set up?

Alan

Depends on the type of instrument…

Our ‘entry level’ line of concertinas: Jackie/Jack/Rochelle, and in the (near) future also our new higher quality hybrid Clover models, can be ordered through any music store interested in a dealership. We’re busy contacting music stores and have already several in the US which will also function as service stations. We’re doing the same in Canada. In Europe we already have a limited network, but this will also be expanded.

The next ‘class’ of our instruments, the Phoenix anglos (with vintage concertina reeds), can only be ordered through Chris Algar in the UK. He has the exclusive rights.

Our ‘Wakker’ line (handmade with traditional concertina reeds) can only be ordered directly from us, because they are all made to order. Having said this, we also have dealers that place orders….

Wim