Removal Of End Plates Wheatstone 30 Key

Good day boys and girls.

Newcomer her - only just discovered this site, and have been browsing it from top to bottom with great interest.

I have a Wheatstone 30 Key Anglo serial No 59014 (It has a red fabric inside the end plates). It has recently started giving me problems with buzzing reeds, so I thought I would pop the ends off and simply clear any fluff, dirt ect. that may be causing the problem.

On removing the endplate screws, I cannot lift the plates off (either end) as there appears to be something else holding the plates in position . It feels as though there is something under the hand rail, but there are no obvious fastners that I can see. Obviously I don't want to apply too much pressure in getting the plates off.

I also have a Wheatstone 64 key duet (Serial No 30521) and a Crabb 30 Key Anglo (Serial unknown) and I have not had any problems removing the end plates on those tinas.

Can anyone offer any advice on what maybe secretly keeping the endplates on?

Many thanks in advance.

Derek

Good day boys and girls.

Newcomer her - only just discovered this site, and have been browsing it from top to bottom with great interest.

I have a Wheatstone 30 Key Anglo serial No 59014 (It has a red fabric inside the end plates). It has recently started giving me problems with buzzing reeds, so I thought I would pop the ends off and simply clear any fluff, dirt ect. that may be causing the problem.

On removing the endplate screws, I cannot lift the plates off (either end) as there appears to be something else holding the plates in position . It feels as though there is something under the hand rail, but there are no obvious fastners that I can see. Obviously I don't want to apply too much pressure in getting the plates off.

I also have a Wheatstone 64 key duet (Serial No 30521) and a Crabb 30 Key Anglo (Serial unknown) and I have not had any problems removing the end plates on those tinas.

Many thanks in advance.

Derek

Remove the complete end (removing the 6 or 8 end bolts) and you will probably find a screw that passes through the action board (i.e. the underside face) and into the handstrap rail. Remove that screw and that should do the trick.

Good luck.

Edited by Paul Read

Good day boys and girls.

Many thanks in advance.

Derek

Remove the complete end (removing the 6 or 8 end bolts) and you will probably find a screw that passes through the action board (i.e. the underside face) and into the handstrap rail. Remove that screw and that should do the trick.

Good luck.

Paul

You are a star man! I never gave a thought to taking off the whole end, as all my other tinas have always had the endplates come off after the 6 end bolts have been removed.

Thanks to you, I'm now buzz free on my Wheatstone anglo!!

May the lord bless you with fast fingers :lol:

Welcome to C.net, Derek.

Thank You Leonard. I note you too are a newcomer. Hope you get as much from the site as I have in my short space of time on here.

Derek