Tedrow 30-button And Lachenal 20-button G/d For Sale

jlfinkels

Update: Both concertinas have been sold.

After my last carpal tunnel surgery, I no longer can play without pain so I need to sell my collection. I have a 30-button Tedrow G/D with Lachenal fretwork and papers, and a 20-button Lachenal G/D in need of having the high G reed tuned. I am asking $1500 for the Tedrow and $600 for the Lachenal, but all honest offers will be considered. If you are interested and would like more information, please PM.

--jeff

DSCN0954-640x480.jpg

DSCN0955-640x480.jpg

DSCN0958-640x480.jpg

DSCN0959-640x480.jpg

Edited by jlfinkels

Sorry to hear about it. Our loss. Is is possible, (hopefully) that a short sabatical for time to heal and then resume light play. :unsure:

Condolences

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

Sorry to hear about your ordeal.

What are you going to do? Quitting the playing alltogether?

Can you consider picking up a harmonica instead?

Or some strumming instruments?

My right hand is the one affected, so I'm looking at alternatives with the help of a physical therapist who happens to be a bodhran player. As long as I avoid making repetitive movements with the right hand I'm okay. The current thought is a fiddle or mandolin would work, but only time will tell.

Thanks for asking :)

--jeff

Sorry to hear about it. Our loss. Is is possible, (hopefully) that a short sabatical for time to heal and then resume light play. :unsure:

Condolences

Thanks

Leo

I'm was coming off a 3 month sabbatical when it flared up again. After endoscopic surgery I was good for about 6 months, then had to go back for open release. This time it will take a longer time to recover, so I've given up on repetitive instruments for now.

Sorry all, I don't want this to go down a "poor me" thread. I'll keep playing at sessions even if I have to *shudder* play the bodhran.

Just a quick note on keeping up with the music with only the left hand. I have seen Bob Hallett (Great Big Sea) playing button accordion left handed. To do this, he simply inverts the instrument. Because much of Irish music ignores the bass buttons (some do, some do not ignore the buttons) you could very easily continue musicall play with a button accordion.

Buy the Great Big Sea DVD and watch for yourself. I have also seen Bob with Natalie McMasters on a 'Celtic Tides' DVD which I acquired in a Barns & Noble bookstore.

Lefty accordion. That is an option.

Del

Hi

What about trying an 'english' probably a lot less bellows movement, different finger movements to an anglo (I'm guessing here as I don't play anglo but 'english' looks a lot less energetic)maybe a different style of playing might help

best of luck hope you can find a way to keep playing (is bodhran a musical instrument or an instrument of torture?) :ph34r:

Edited by chris

• 2 weeks later...