Historical Software?

wes williams

I'm not sure this belongs in this section rather than any other, but here goes ...

I noticed this weekend that Geoff Crabb had produced a keyboard diagram of a large Crane Duet using MsWord. I know how much effort this must have taken, so I decided to get on and publicly release the software I used for the more recent diagrams at the Concertina Library website, in the hope that someone might find it useful. Its main strength is that it can almost layout a whole keyboard with a single click, although you still have to enter the note(s) for each button.

While I was digging around, I remembered a little pitch and temperament aid that I'd been using last year, and decided I'd let that loose into the world too. It produces old concertina 'C' note pitches (or any other frequency) and a few temperaments (scales) from your computer's sound card.

You can find this software at my Concertina Historical Resource website. Although I've emphasised there that I'm not providing any support, I'll try to answer queries or requests from any c.net forum folks.

best wishes ..wes

Edit to add: I've also updated the Timeline, so its a bit more comprehensive now.

Edited by wes williams

I'm not sure this belongs in this section rather than any other, but here goes ...

I noticed this weekend that Geoff Crabb had produced a keyboard diagram of a large Crane Duet using MsWord. I know how much effort this must have taken, so I decided to get on and publicly release the software I used for the more recent diagrams at the Concertina Library website, in the hope that someone might find it useful. Its main strength is that it can almost layout a whole keyboard with a single click, although you still have to enter the note(s) for each button.

While I was digging around, I remembered a little pitch and temperament aid that I'd been using last year, and decided I'd let that loose into the world too. It produces old concertina 'C' note pitches (or any other frequency) and a few temperaments (scales) from your computer's sound card.

You can find this software at my Concertina Historical Resource website. Although I've emphasised there that I'm not providing any support, I'll try to answer queries or requests from any c.net forum folks.

best wishes ..wes

Edit to add: I've also updated the Timeline, so its a bit more comprehensive now.

Hi Wes,

yes it is a labour of love with MsWord but all the hard work was done some time ago and now it is a case of copy, paste, delete or add and is quite easy now. It also allows me to add notes etc. where I want them.

I am sure that others will welcome you making the software available.

Regards

Geoff