My Wonderful Christmas Gift!

I am one lucky concertina player! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Guess what my husband gave me for Christmas? A foot bass! It's got walnut veneer with the rosy-type bellows paper (not the green).

Tried to put a link to the Harry Guens website here but for some reason that's not working right now.

Just had to let you know, it's great and I love it! :) :) :) :) I am thrilled.

ttyl

('talk to you later')

(...Still stuck making gingerbread people...but my husband likes them so I guess I must keep rolling that rolling pin for now, press bellows later...)

I am one lucky concertina player! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Guess what my husband gave me for Christmas? A foot bass! It's got walnut veneer with the rosy-type bellows paper (not the green).

Great Stuff

looking forward to links on the recorded tune page!

Tom

I'm practicing!

So far, the hardest thing is that some tones or chords that I assign to 'right side' or 'left side' on the English concertina are different on the foot bass.

For instance, if I'm playing a D, that's a 'right side' chord on the concertina (though, there's also the higher octave D on the left). But, it's a left-side note on the foot bass.

Kinda like playing that game, Twister! Heheh.

I've worked out a few basic songs -- about three. 'Winnie The Pooh' is one, and of my own, just tried 'The Crows Know Me.' Those are simple, but simple is okay in my book!

Tried to play a bass part to a more complicated arrangement, 'Below In The Valley' by Brahms, but I need more time before that one works. It'll be interesting to figure out how to do that, though!