Kitty Hayes 80th

Guest Peter Laban

Guest Peter Laban

She wanted to keep it a secret and I will probably get into trouble over this but certain milestones cannot be ignored.

Kitty Hayes has her 80 th birthday today (saturday) . She's ten years back at the concertina and long may she continue.

ec5288b9.jpg

Edited by Peter Laban

I will probably get into trouble over this but certain milestones cannot be ignored

Congratulations to Kitty Hayes!

To soften the trouble you may face, Peter: I just came back last night from The Calmar Irish Festival (South-East Sweden) where I met an old mate I hadn't seem for 15 years. We were sitting in the midst of a blazing speed frenzy of seven (good) fiddlers, and our thoughts went to calmer waters.

"Ah", he said "it doesn't have to be so fast to be good - have you ever heard of Kitty Hayes?"

/Henrik

She wanted to keep it a secret and I will probably get into trouble over this but certain milestones cannot be ignored.

Don't worry Peter, Kitty has already given it away herself in the web video where she says 'Life begins at 70' when talking about starting up the concertina again. So now we really do know that we are listening to the instrument as it was played 60 or 70 years ago, and isn't it just a beautiful sound!

All the best, Kitty! - and many more to come.

Kitty Hayes has her 80 th birthday today (saturday) . She's ten years back at the concertina and long may she continue.

ec5288b9.jpg

Belated best wishes to a lovely lady.

Quiet, steady, unassuming and absolutely brimful of character...... just like her playing

Dave

Peter, please pass along my best wishes for Kitty on her 80th birthday. Let her know she is an inspiration for all us late bloomers on concertina. Of all my CD's the most played are her solo CD and the one you did with her. Her music has made a significant impact on my life (and pocketbook, oy vey!).

Thanks Kitty. Be well.

-jeff

Edited by jlfinkels

Guest Peter Laban

I was over at Kitty's this afternoon, she was in good form. My 13 year old son came along and the two of them were off playing tunes after we had the tea.

She thanks you all for your good wishes.

ec3aa74d.jpg

Edited by Peter Laban