Need Keyboard Chart For 20 Button English

yannagretchen

I'm a novice who recently purchased what appears to be a bargain basement Chinese version of the Wakker "Jackie" student model English and (surprise) it came with no chart. <_<

Also, does anyone know of a method book written specifically for 20-button English, other than the one that comes with the authentic Wakker model?

Your help is very much appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Yanna in Chicagoland

I'm a novice who recently purchased what appears to be a bargain basement Chinese version of the Wakker "Jackie" student model English and (surprise) it came with no chart. <_<

Also, does anyone know of a method book written specifically for 20-button English, other than the one that comes with the authentic Wakker model?

Your help is very much appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Yanna in Chicagoland

Hello Yanna in Chicagoland

Just a clarification if you would. Do you have a 20 button "English" or "Anglo". I suspect a typo and should read 30 button????

Going on that assumption, I think this would help:

http://www.concertina.com/butler/butler-th...rtina-tutor.pdf

Your button layout might be similar, although you'll have to find out on which note to start.

My 37 button "English" has the same layout, although not all the keys of the 48 button instrument. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

post-39-1159749250_thumb.jpgpost-39-1159749213_thumb.jpgpost-39-1159749142_thumb.jpg

Hi yannagretchen,

I have the same type of concertina that Leo has, a 37 button, but from my stash of crazy homemade charts I have a few that might be of help -- just knock off the top 17 buttons (...I think I've got that right?).

'I am not a real teacher, I only play one in the concertina forum...lol... :D "

For my own use, I numbered the buttons on my concertina (on paper only). So, if I come up with a chord combination I want to remember, I jot down the numbers.

I usually don't bother anymore to use the blank worksheet (see pics) but I created it for jotting down chords or other configurations.

Not everyone likes my charts, so .... whatever.

Congrats on your purchase, and I hope you enjoy your playing!

edit added: Hmm....maybe I'll have to change the size of that huge pic, the one with the enumeration. It's way too big for one printed page. I'll be back....

Ok here it is:

post-39-1159749836_thumb.jpg

I should add that I am not the first person in this forum to create charts similar to this. I've seen another chart showing the buttons all laid out. Also, I think my use of the 'brick wall' graph paper confused some people, but...well, I didn't have a scanner at the time and couldn't make a prettier page!

Edited by bellowbelle

Actually, I thought your charts were right nice, reall pretty as amatter of fact.

Alan

:) Gee, thanks!

And furthermore....

In my previous post, one of the three charts gives the standard ('correct') layout of sharps and flats.

For my own use, I also made charts using 1)all flats and 2)all sharps. (So, these are not really actually 'correct' as far as intended, standard notation goes.)

These two variations are linked below:

sharps only

and

flats only

But, after a bit of practice, I find that my own charts are obsolete to me. If I hadn't bothered to create them, though, maybe I wouldn't have made as much progress as I have!