Help Identifying A Accordion, Please.

Hello to all,

I am in need of some information and help on a certain type of accordion/button box/concertina. The only names or markings that I can find on it are HOHNER on the front and a small plate the reads STEEL REEDS Made In Germany (I have tried to attach a picture). The accordian has two rows of buttons on each side, one side 4 over 4 and the other 11 over 10 and measures 11 x 11 1/2 x 6. I am not going to try and hide or cover up my intentions, someone wishes to buy this and I would like to make sure that I don't over charge someone or likewise be taken advatage of. This had belonged to my father and I had just plain forgotten I had it, any help or information would be greatly appreciated. I almost forgot, the gentleman that wants to buy it said he would give me 10 bucks, thanks again.

Respectfully,

Pep

Hello to all,

I am in need of some information and help on a certain type of accordion/button box/concertina. The only names or markings that I can find on it are HOHNER on the front and a small plate the reads STEEL REEDS Made In Germany (I have tried to attach a picture). The accordian has two rows of buttons on each side, one side 4 over 4 and the other 11 over 10 and measures 11 x 11 1/2 x 6.

Pep,

Sounds similar to a Hohner 2815 or Pokerwork button accordion (US terminology, yours may differ). Does it have the gold trailing vine pattern painted on a black background? Fully restored these go up to $400 to $500 with a case, depending on the key (D/G seems most popular near me). Crashed and needing restoration ranges from maybe $75 to $250, if all the reeds are there, most are sounding, and depending on the work needed. Unless it's an empty hulk you might hold out for more than ten bucks. Showing it to someone in the know (player, dealer, etc.) would pin this down better (so, the same old question, where are you located?).

Ken

Ken,

Thanks for your help and information. First it doesn't have the gold trailing vine pattern you were speaking about, and all the reeds are there and they do sound. The bellows doesn't have any rips, tears or holes and the thing is as loud as a church bell. I would have to say it is good used shape, it was well played. If you forward me your e-mail address I can send you a picture of it. Thanks again for your help.

Pep