Rare And Unusual Russell Flutina For Sale

Simon Hartgroves

post-1633-1137933717_thumb.jpg

Following my decision to have a clear out of most of my instruments, I have just posted my London-made Flutina on eBay.co.uk (see pictures accompanying the listing).

This is an unusual instrument in that it is cased, complete, has absolutely perfect bellows and is in full working order. I never learnt to play it, concentrating mainly on English concertina, but believe it ought to generate a bit of interest - can't find any information on the maker (J Russell, 60 Goswell St, London), but believe it must date to somewhere between 1840 and 1880.

Keys and valve top buttons are mother of pearl and it appears to be silver mounted.

..I have just posted my London-made Flutina on eBay.co.uk (see pictures accompanying the listing)...

...can't find any information on the maker (J Russell, 60 Goswell St, London), but believe it must date to somewhere between 1840 and 1880.

London sold, not made. Entries for Russell in PO Directories:

1856 Advert below

1865 Russell Joseph, 158 Goswell road EC

1869 Russell Joseph, 158 Goswell road EC

1882 Russell Joseph, 158 Goswell road EC

Russell labels have been found on early Lachenals.

post-119-1137999058_thumb.jpg

Edited by wes williams

..I have just posted my London-made Flutina on eBay.co.uk (see pictures accompanying the listing)...

...can't find any information on the maker (J Russell, 60 Goswell St, London), but believe it must date to somewhere between 1840 and 1880.

London sold, not made. Entries for Russell in PO Directories:

1856 Advert below

1865 Russell Joseph, 158 Goswell road EC

1869 Russell Joseph, 158 Goswell road EC

1882 Russell Joseph, 158 Goswell road EC

Russell labels have been found on early Lachenals.

Hi Russell - You may well be right, but I can only quote what it says stamped twice on the instrument - 'J Russell, Maker, 60 Goswell St, London'