Looking For A Tutor

Michael F

I am looking for an english concertina teacher. I am a mature student and live near Derby in the Midlands. I am prepared to travel.

many thanks

michael F

Hi Michael and welcome to c.net,

I'm in Birmingham if that's any use to you.

Hi Michael

Tutors for English concertinas are, I believe pretty few and far between. However as a starter can I suggest you visit the Royal Hotel at Dungworth on the North West side of Sheffield at least once, as there is a group of us concertina players of both Anglo and English persuasions who meet there once a month. In addition there is a group of mainly English concertina players who also meet there monthly. You should get most of your questions answered there and there are a few Derbyshire folks who get there including myself (from south of Chesterfield) and Neil Wayne from Belper.

Next full meeting is Tuesday 17th January at 8.00pm. although there may be an English meeting before then. Mark Davies who generally organises the main meeting may be able to tell you, he is a member of this forum, just drop him a line.

Pete

You could try going to the Derby Gaol Session run by Keith Kendrick .I am sure he would be pleased to help and a lovely Tina player to boot. It is usually the third Thursday The place needs a degree in Navigation to find but well worth the effort.

You could try going to the Derby Gaol Session run by Keith Kendrick .I am sure he would be pleased to help and a lovely Tina player to boot. It is usually the third Thursday The place needs a degree in Navigation to find but well worth the effort.

A great suggestion. More details of the "Derby Heritage Traditional Music Club" can be found at http://www.dhtmc.co.uk/

Howard Mitchell