Mark, I Hope Your Concert Went Well!

Mark...

Just want you to know, I did try to get to the Charles Dickens presentation where you (hopefully?) sang and played your concertina. I blew it!

Tom and I got on the road around 6:25 this evening, and especially since I'd been to the college before, I figured I'd find my way okay -- had the directions with me, too.

I lost the contest to find Maple Street in the dark, after Winter Street. We turned around and tried to find it and still didn't. I guess if we could have slowed down and tried to see more, we would have found it, but....lots of cars and headlights made that impossible.

I wish we couild have seen some signs pointing toward the college....there are none, except for the traffic on route 9, I guess! I know that we were so close to the college that I probably should have just gotten out of the car and yelled, 'Mark!'

My mistake, not allowing enough time for mistakes. We were somewhere in Framingham at 7:30 and probably could have gotten to the college, but...my headache was increasing and I'm sure we would have been too late, anyway.

So....my consolation prize was a sandwich at the Dunkin' Donuts back in my own hometown area.

(Anyway, the Christmas lights were all very pretty....)

So sorry that we missed your Christmas caroling, I was looking forward to it! 'Better luck next time,' I hope.

(Posted this here, since my e-mail is about as good as my sense of direction, sometimes...)

Ah Wendy, I'm sorry you missed it. That part of Framingham at night is very dark. It would have been very nice to see you folks.

The evening went well. My son backed out on me. There is a test coming up, he was nervous and on edge. Not the best circumstances to debut with the old man. Odd, but he wanted to practice <_< . Wiser than his dad. I did my best, but missed him very much. Threw in a few French carols for good measure and a set of slip jigs for an Irish friend I saw in the back of the hall. I sang the English version of "Away In A Manger" and kept thinking of Mr. Bean for some reason.

The reading of the Christmas Carol went very well indeed.

Thank you both for making the trek. I just feel awful about the signage around the college. :(

...............................Thank you both for making the trek. I just feel awful about the signage around the college. :(

Well, maybe there's a reason why the 'road roadies' or whatever don't see fit to put up little signs. (I know they sure were convenient when I was first looking for UMASS from odd angles!) I THINK I was pretty close to the school, and I drove around here and there on the various connecting roads while my husband looked for it, but...didn't happen.

People always pick on me for being too early, since I always like to allow myself a lot of travel time. So, I was trying to make up for that. :blink: But, I forgot that I can't see too well in the dark.

Coincidentally, I have started making carrot juice today, with a juice machine, hoping to improve my eyes and overall health. Vitamin A is only 'good' in the juice for about the first 1/2 hour, I'm told, and then it's lost it's potency. I add orange juice, too.

Anyway. Next time! :)