Looking to buy intermediate concertina

Nollaig McBrien

Hi all music lovers 😊, I am looking for a 30 key C/G Anglo concertina as a step up on a Phoenix I have sold. Open to wheatstone or jeffries layout. I am playing on a used Morse now which I like a lot as its loose, good on bellows & responsive. A 2nd hand may be preferable as they are usually looser ( I am prone to tendinitis in arms, do have good strength but ergonomics of instrument important for me) but also open to new. 

Edited by Nollaig McBrien

I've a decent 30 key C/G Jeffries which I've recently restored and which might be suitable for you.  (I have a 30 key Lachenal as well but I doubt that's much of a step up from your Phoenix).  I'm away from home at the moment but can send you more details and maybe FaceTime (or similar) to show you "live" in a few days

Alex West

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex West said:

I've a decent 30 key C/G Jeffries which I've recently restored and which might be suitable for you.  (I have a 30 key Lachenal as well but I doubt that's much of a step up from your Phoenix).  I'm away from home at the moment but can send you more details and maybe FaceTime (or similar) to show you "live" in a few days

Alex West

Thanks Alex. We can do a what's app. I will be back in Norway on Friday. 

"Intermediate" is an interesting concept. I moved up from my Jackie to my first 48-button instrument, what I identified as a George Jones (brass reeds, sweet sound), I remarked to a guitar playing friend that I viewed my new concertina not as my final instrument but as an intermediate one. He responded, "I have seven intermediate guitars."

Edited by Mike Franch
  • Haha 1