C/g Anglo A.c.norman

michael sam wild

Hi

I've just joined and thought I'd mention a possiblesale of an Anglo A.C.Norman 30 button metal ended. I've gone upmarket and need to recoup some cash. I note that new they are about £1000 GBP and a very long wait. I saw one on EBay a while back asking £1,300! which seemed to sell This seems a lot for an accordion reed instrument. Should I put it on EBay or offer it here.

Michael Sam Wild

my route would be, here first, ebay if no takers on cnet. but fairly priced concertinas tend to move nicely on this site. you'd want to list age, button layout system (jeffries or wheatstone), condition & add photo link among other stats......i'm curious about this baby myself.

i don't believe the high-seeming prices you're seeing on new ac normans are over the market par for similar-quality instruments----that is, if you are paying sterling/euro. because the norman is uk made, the exchange rate is hiking them up for americans. since north america has its own high-quality accordion-reeded concertina makers, folks here have an alternative to the hosing they are going to take (at present rates) on the uk stuff. the same logic probably would apply to a used instrument. (by this logic, perhaps if you posted on ebay you'd get more uk shoppers? don't know....north american buyers looking for a used box wouldn't give you more than the price of a good-quality used north american make. the norman is super, but so are the edgeley, tedrow, ceili, etc.)

my route would be, here first, ebay if no takers on cnet. but fairly priced concertinas tend to move nicely on this site. you'd want to list age, button layout system (jeffries or wheatstone), condition & add photo link among other stats......i'm curious about this baby myself.

i don't believe the high-seeming prices you're seeing on new ac normans are over the market par for similar-quality instruments----that is, if you are paying sterling/euro. because the norman is uk made, the exchange rate is hiking them up for americans. since north america has its own high-quality accordion-reeded concertina makers, folks here have an alternative to the hosing they are going to take (at present rates) on the uk stuff. the same logic probably would apply to a used instrument. (by this logic, perhaps if you posted on ebay you'd get more uk shoppers? don't know....north american buyers looking for a used box wouldn't give you more than the price of a good-quality used north american make. the norman is super, but so are the edgeley, tedrow, ceili, etc.)