"Bonny Bush" [ with variations also].

I hope it will be alright to include this related instrument [ just this time] on our C. Net forum; because it uses a very special instrument with a great sentimental attachment, and so does possibly rase questions, also to others here, I hope, of their own special instruments they treasure also.

The tune is an old one [ "Bonny Bush"] it is called; I copied it down from one of my many books years ago, and have played it on concertina a few times as it is so simple a piece and pleasing to play.  [very easy to play].

The instrument is my late Father's C. sharp Hohner accordion.  He played it often over his later years [ it was purchased back in 1984 actually].. as something to keep him occupied, and entertained, and although he never really learned to read music, he did play a selection of his own invented pieces, some recognisable, some made up very full of energy, and cheerful [ and quite loud too!].. Jozef [ my Father] had quite a tragic harrowing series of wartime experience in his lifetime, he was born in  Poland, and came over to UK in 1948; at first he went to Scotland [ forestry work] and the he moved down the country where lived rest of his life in York here [ UK.] He eventually became a Charge Nurse at a regional Hospital [ overseeing and helping people in psychiatric conditions].

After he went on his way  - I was left with accordion to master myself, and I did over time, began to play it; and as the button method is similar to my Anglo concertina [ just bigger size]  I gradually began to play it better. [It has a similar in and out note producing method as Anglo].

My Father recorded himself playing it on a tape years ago - but I never recorded playing it myself over two decades after inheriting it; until now..  It is a C sharp Accordion [ Hohner] I only had it serviced once in nearly 40 years of it being played; and although I have played it hundreds of times in that 20 years since, I never had heard it played back on audio or video. [ never in twenty years]!  What memories can be encapsulated in objects, particularly that produce musical sound.

So, here it is first day if me playing it on video with audio.

Bonny Bush [ with some cheeky additional variations made up on the cuff!]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPbpSZRwQmA

Edited by SIMON GABRIELOW
revised video title corrected description.