Teachers In San Diego

frank

I'm a beginning concertina player who lives in San Diego. Are there any more experienced San Diego players who would be willing to give lessons. I am mainly interested in sea chanteys but like irish music also.

If so, reply to this post, or e-mail me at frank@contactfrank.com

Thanks.

I'm a beginning concertina player who lives in San Diego.  Are there any more experienced San Diego players who would be willing to give lessons.  I am mainly interested in sea chanteys but like irish music also.

Thanks.

Frank,

there is a gentleman in San Diego named Micheal Eskin ? I've seen him play other instuments in sessions before and I believe he recently picked up the anglo. Also, up in Carlsbad area there was a session and I knew of a great guy (whom I met at the Noel Hill school) who played both bohron (sp)? and anglo. He might still be in the area. Try looking up the sessions at www.thesession.org for sessions in your area. Good luck and welcome.

Dominio

• 2 weeks later...

If you were to come by the war memorial building in Balboa Park most Tuesday nights, you would find the Moreton Bay Fig Morris Dancers practicing there. (http://www.moretonbayfig.org/)

They let me play only, as it frees up a dancer to dance.

Alex plays the Anglo, and the group is very beginner friendly. At least three of the members are also members of the Maritime Museum.

(http://www.sdmaritime.com/index.asp)

No teacher, but a place to learn tunes, and practice them too. Joining made me learn on my English Concertina much faster than I would have on my own.

If you are interested, e-mail to me and I will make sure that there is a practice on the particular Tuesday night that you want to come.

Russell Hedges

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a beginning concertina player who lives in San Diego.  Are there any more experienced San Diego players who would be willing to give lessons.  I am mainly interested in sea chanteys but like irish music also.

Thanks.

Hi Frank,

I don't know how your search for a San Diego teacher is going... hope it's working out. I'm looking for a player in LA for a film score. Do you know if any players around here?

Thanks,

Steve

so@heropp.com