Recent experience with Sherwood Marion, Concertina Connection Minstrel or McNeela Phoenix?

I have c Concerina Connection Minstrel, but my experience may not be "recent" as I purchased it in 2018 and there has been a major upgrade with Minstrel model. It is a good instrument and it is made in USA.  

I have no experience with Sherwood Marion and McNeela Phonix. These models are made in China. 

Totani

Thanks Totani,

I read something in another thread about the Minstrel not being comfortable for people with larger hands, because of the distance between hand rest/strap and buttons. Have you had any concerns with that, or is it something you adapt to?

Thanks again,

Dick

Hi, I have a Phoenix and I wish my hands were a little bigger-- the E/F button is far away for my pinky. The bellows were stiff at first, but are loosening up. The straps are not comfortable, as the stitching goes through them and is rather abrasive after playing a while. Im going to make new straps. The Phoenix has a good, loud voice, and tonal quality is adequate for the price, but nothing special. Not super responsive, but for a beginner to intermediate player, it's fine.

18 hours ago, Richard Bennett said:

Thanks Totani,

I read something in another thread about the Minstrel not being comfortable for people with larger hands, because of the distance between hand rest/strap and buttons. Have you had any concerns with that, or is it something you adapt to?

Thanks again,

Dick

Dick,

I do not have very big hands and I have never felt such concerns. I didn't even have to adapt.

I think it was @gcoover who said Minstrel was not very comfortable for people with larger hands (like him). 

Totani

7 hours ago, Barbara V said:

Hi, I have a Phoenix and I wish my hands were a little bigger-- the E/F button is far away for my pinky. The bellows were stiff at first, but are loosening up. The straps are not comfortable, as the stitching goes through them and is rather abrasive after playing a while. Im going to make new straps. The Phoenix has a good, loud voice, and tonal quality is adequate for the price, but nothing special. Not super responsive, but for a beginner to intermediate player, it's fine.

Thanks for the input Barbara!