30 button G/D Lachenal/Jones? for sale

mikep1

I am selling my old concertina originally bought from Hobgoblin when they were in Burgess Hill market! I think it is a Lachenal but am no expert at identifying concertinas. Bellows were replaced, reeds tuned and leaky pads repaired by Theo Gibb about ten years ago. I have hardly played it since so they are in great condition. Sounds great and plays well, some cosmetic wear. Reasonable offers considered. I am in Northumberland if anyone wants to view it but am also due to visit Hull, Leeds and Leicester next month so very happy to meet anyone interested. Happy to post more photos and sound files if required. Many thanks Mike 

590A848A-77E1-4771-B33F-13D4D6B6E5A4.jpeg

C9687158-BC24-42BA-9AC6-DB5678F03666.jpeg

I think it is the ex-Salvation Army model made by Lachenal. You can see an additional screw hole on the left side end to hold a Band Lyre(music sheet holder). I have an instrument with the exact same fretwork pattern, and if the tuning is the same, it is originally Ab/Eb (and lowered to G/D).

You may find the reed shoe shaped "English Make" trademark engraved on the right palm rest.

Edited by Takayuki YAGI
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Please bare with my lack of knowledge about the concertina. I dabble a bit with flutinas which I love. My questions are looking for lower tones, small size as I am a woman, does it play on push and pull would prefer not but I can learn. Just makes things a bit harder the main question is price. Unfortunately I have a low budget. I live in the US so would need it shipped.  Please let me know your best price shipped and hopefully it is for me. Thank you for your time and patience. 

Thanks for replying to the post, unfortunately due to the value of the concertina I am only shipping within the UK and ideally to someone who has played it or at least has a bit of experience on a Lachenal. This is simply to avoid any misunderstandings.  It’s a nice concertina and the G/D tuning gives a much less shrill sound than C/G if that is what one is after. Ideal for Morris, Scottish, Welsh and Irish tunes and I have also played Arabic and Zulu pieces. Price wise it sits somewhere around the £1200 mark. 

• 5 months later...