Harmonicade: MIDI piano with a Hayden keyboard layout

I read it that way too!  It reminded me of a crime my wife would like to committ, against my small collection of, say, 30-40 of the pocket intruments!

And, I can't find the thread about your "project" although it rings a bell.  Can you kindly post a link (unless it's a trade secret)?

49 minutes ago, David Colpitts said:

And, I can't find the thread about your "project" although it rings a bell.  Can you kindly post a link (unless it's a trade secret)?

Hi David,

thanks for asking, no, it's not a secret, rather a lockdown project (the kind to prevent me from commiting Harmonicides on suicycles or something). A Crane MIDI to spare my beloved endless hours of having to listen to my memorizing ragtime pieces (no commercial interests whatsoever). I haven't documented it in full yet, I plan on doing that around May 1 when I hope to have a working "prototype." I sneaked the first part of the documentation in here:

(not an April fool's joke).

The truth of the matter is that the electronics/programming part of making a MIDI device can be so little work (< 1 day) and money (< 40 EUR/$/BPS) that the issue practically reduces to building the mechanics that convert button pushes to "zeroes and ones."  Stay tuned if you're interested!

• Like 1