Session In Greenwich, London, Uk

Over the last 6 weeks I've been working in London (I live in Derby). When I'm away from home, if I can take a concertina, I like to find a session to visit to meet new people and alleviate the hotel boredom.

This time I found a session at the Cricketers near the Cutty Sark in Greenwich. It's an excellent, predominantly English, session with fiddles, melodeons, 2 or 3 concertinas, guitars etc. and very welcoming people.

It's my last week on this assignment so I'll try and call in for the last time tonight but I thought I'd use this forum to recommend the place and note that the pub is being sold and the new landlord doesn't want the session to continue (shame).

There's details at http://www.greentrad.org.uk/

My thanks to the other musicians at the session, anyone in this neck of the woods could do worse that call in on a Tuesday.

Who knows where my next assignment will take me. Be warned it might be your turn next.

Howard Mitchell

There is a new pub for this session in London, details of which were being given out at the George (1st Monday in the month) by the melodion player you will see tonight.

I have been to this session and enjoyed it ,but at 8.45 I was asking when the session was going to start I was the only one there and by 9- 10 it was packed with musicians.Late starters but they soon caught up.

Al

• 7 years later...

There is a new pub for this session in London, details of which were being given out at the George (1st Monday in the month) by the melodion player you will see tonight.

I have been to this session and enjoyed it ,but at 8.45 I was asking when the session was going to start I was the only one there and by 9- 10 it was packed with musicians.Late starters but they soon caught up.

Al

Well, eight years later they are not only going strong in new Pub but I see John Offord our George Inn Fiddler has stuff up on their shop site and

there seems to be a very good collection of toons at their

greentrad.org.uk