A Bizarre Concertina Gig

Last week I performed the weirdest gig yet, a motion capture filming session for a major production company. They wanted a character of theirs to sing and play the concertina so I got dressed up in a tight fitting velcro body suit, they stuck little reflective marbles all over me and fitted a video helmet to my head and I played and sang a bunch of traditional songs.

The end product will attach my concertina playing arms to the characters body and face for a nice little virtual sing along session. I had to sign an NDA, so I can’t give out any other details about the production. No pictures were allowed so I’m including a link to Benedict Cumberbatch playing Smaug in “The Hobbit” movie to give you an idea of what I was wearing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/benedict-cumberbatch-motion-capture-smaug-

bizarrehobbit-2014-10

Edited by Jody Kruskal

Yes, I'm curious to see how it all comes out too. As for the release date... when I asked, my question was met with a considered silence. The best I could come up with was "not for awhile." I think that the data collected has to be processed by a small army of techies and artist animators and then approved by a handful of directors and producers. If they decide not to use it, the material will not end up on the cutting room floor, but rather on the great hard drive in the sky.