Tomorrow - Aug 23 - Washington/baltimore Squeeze In!

If you're anywhere near Washington DC or Baltimore, join us for another great regional squeeze fest tomorrow, Aug 23.

This time we're convening at McGinty's Public House in downtown Silver Spring, Md. Great beer and munchies, a nice room, congenial people.

We do all genres of music - English and Irish trad, oldtime, jazz, klezmer, Scandi, whatever strikes our fancy. We have all levels of players, from rank beginners to professionals. We do some straight jamming - ie no dots - and play some tunes from notation.

2-6 PM.

Join us if you can!

I'm living outside the US now, but I heartily support the call to move the event to a subway-accessible location! I enjoyed past SIs, but for us city-dwellers it's tricky getting out to the suburbs.

I'm having a 20b plastic-bodied Stagi Anglo sent out to me here in Monrovia, and I have a vague, vague hope of finding someone who is clever enough to do basic servicing on it, and then ship in a crate of cheap Chinese Anglos to get tuned up and worked over by that someone, and see if I can get a orphanage or church group or whatnot to assemble some young folks to learn to play concertina. I managed to (slightly) popularize the Appalachian dulcimer in Newfoundland, so concertina in Liberia is my next goal.

Kudos again Jim for creating a venue for DC-area folks to cultivate squeezebox culture. I look to be back in DC sometime late next spring for some business stuff, so I'll be keeping an eye on the calendar for your future events.

I'm living outside the US now, but I heartily support the call to move the event to a subway-accessible location! I enjoyed past SIs, but for us city-dwellers it's tricky getting out to the suburbs.

I'm having a 20b plastic-bodied Stagi Anglo sent out to me here in Monrovia, and I have a vague, vague hope of finding someone who is clever enough to do basic servicing on it, and then ship in a crate of cheap Chinese Anglos to get tuned up and worked over by that someone, and see if I can get a orphanage or church group or whatnot to assemble some young folks to learn to play concertina. I managed to (slightly) popularize the Appalachian dulcimer in Newfoundland, so concertina in Liberia is my next goal.

Kudos again Jim for creating a venue for DC-area folks to cultivate squeezebox culture. I look to be back in DC sometime late next spring for some business stuff, so I'll be keeping an eye on the calendar for your future events.

Credit where credit is due: Randy Stein is co-host of the squeeze ins.

Concertinas in Monrovia? You do show up in the most interesting places.