Those Magnificent Men!

chas

Whoo-hoo, wakko. What a gathering it must have been. Really enjoyed this little youtube offering. And all those english's - not an anglo to be seen. Where are you guys? I wish I had been there(since I play english).

Really nice to hear a reasonably contemporary tune played on the concertina(s). As was done before folk music was invented. Bravo to all. It looked like you all had a nice time(what was for lunch?). I just lament that there weren't so many younger ones there. This is an issue in the concer world isn't it. Same in Oz. What are we to do?

Whoo-hoo, wakko. What a gathering it must have been. Really enjoyed this little youtube offering. And all those english's - not an anglo to be seen. Where are you guys? I wish I had been there(since I play english).

Really nice to hear a reasonably contemporary tune played on the concertina(s). As was done before folk music was invented. Bravo to all. It looked like you all had a nice time(what was for lunch?). I just lament that there weren't so many younger ones there. This is an issue in the concer world isn't it. Same in Oz. What are we to do?

Glad you enjoyed it. It's a great event that's been running for a few years now in south-west England, though this was my and my other half's first time there. It's organised by the J25 Concertina Band. You'll find some older clips and the Facebook page if you google Banding Together Seale Hayne. J25 also have a Facebook page.

Apart from Magnificent Men, music ranged from Ravel's Bolero through My Old Kentucky Home, some ragtime, not to mention some lovely compositions by J25's Claire Wren. Some demanding stuff and intensive sight-reading! Hard work for an old folkie like me. Yes, you're right, a lot of white hair. And the food was great all weekend! I'm sure some more clips will appear in due course.