My First Concertina!

Today I had my first Concertina lesson and purchased a used Rochelle 30b. I felt like I had entered Accordion Heaven, when I opened the door to this amazing little shop/studio whose walls were beautifully decorated with all styles and colors of any type of Accordion you can imagine! This brought back some very fond memories, as I had a cousin who played Accordion and we would dance around the kitchen on Sundays to polka music. Little did I know that one day I would be leaning to play a relative of the Accordion. Good times are coming!!

I had an hour long lesson with Jodi, who is an excellent teacher and learned "Twinkle, Twinkle," and "This Old Man." I found that the Concertina wasn't as difficult to learn as I thought it may have been. I remember learning "Twinkle, Twinkle." on the harp, and I can say that it was much easier to learn this time!

Edited by Turloughsgirl

I had an hour long lesson with Jodi, who is an excellent teacher and learned "Twinkle, Twinkle," and "This Old Man." I found that the Concertina wasn't as difficult to learn as I thought it may have been. I remember learning "Twinkle, Twinkle." on the harp, and I can say that it was much easier to learn this time!

Sounds like you'll be a star performer in no time. :D