Theme Of The Month For July 2014: Odd Couples And Strange Pairings

Jim Besser

To close out this month's theme, maybe - another spasm of Morris silliness.

I played this once for the dancers, but they had so much beer, I don't think they noticed.

https://soundcloud.com/concertinist/morris-silliness-1mp3mp3

I can't claim originality here - the errant tune (I leave it to you classic TV addicts to identify) often finds its way into various dance medleys.

Edited by Jim Besser

I like it! Sometimes I wonder if the dancers even notice what we're playing - Nick and I would sometimes do crazy things like one playing Shepherd's Hey while the other simultaneously played Keel Row, etc. and nobody ever said a thing about it.

I like it! Sometimes I wonder if the dancers even notice what we're playing - Nick and I would sometimes do crazy things like one playing Shepherd's Hey while the other simultaneously played Keel Row, etc. and nobody ever said a thing about it.

Funny; I've had that experience, as well. But when I change keys in the middle of a dance, they all notice.

One project for the upcoming season: at an appropriate moment (ie in the pub) I plan to play the Upton Stick Dance, but change keys (G,D,A) with every phrase. That should get their attention.