Tribute Concert For Ralph Jordan, Sidmouth, August 7 2014

As the interim taster programme for Sidmouth Folk Week has now come out, it occurred to me that some members of this board ,who might otherwise not find out, might want to know that a Tribute Concert for Ralph Jordan, Maccann duet player,multi-instrumentalist, accompanist,sound engineer and banterer of the highest order, who passed away in January of this year, has been arranged. It will take place on the Thursday evening during Folk Week (ie on August 7th) at 8pm in the Manor Pavilion theatre. Participants celebrating Ralphie (who I suspect would be utterly bemused, but equally flattered by the idea of a concert in his honour) will be a number of people that he worked and performed with over the years (Crows, Colin Thompson from Eric, Housewives' Choice, John Dipper and James Patterson, the Fraser Sisters, Tom and Barbara Brown, Irene Shettle and the No Ronnies (Dan Quinn, and Matt Quinn deputising for Ralphie). I've no doubt that there will be some reminiscing going on as well as music

Tickets are on sale now, and are available through the Sidmouth Festival Box Office
http://sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk/uploads/PDFs/SIDMOUTH%20Taster%20Prog%20med-res.pdf