For Sale: Kensington Concertina #12

bill_mchale

I hate to do this, but I have too many concertinas. The Kensington is a lovely instrument, but me and it never clicked quite the way that I have with my Suttner or Edgley. So as much as I hate to do it, I am putting it up for sale. Here is a video of someone (not me) playing a Kensington (not mine, but it sounds the same). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36WA3yI99w

Anyway, I am looking to get $2500 off of it. I would prefer a local sale (Since that way the person can try before they buy) but could be persuaded otherwise. I am located in Silver Spring, Maryland.

--

Bill

Sorry I forgot to include a few details, in large part because Kensington only makes one model of instrument, but I forgot that not everyone is familiar with the brand.

The instrument is in c/g tuning, 30 buttons, 6 fold bellows, and fingering that is a hybrid between Wheatstone and Jefferies systems (Generally, at least for Irish Music, players of either system should be quickly at home with it) . It also has concertina reeds, not accordion reeds.

--

Bill

I hate to do this, but I have too many concertinas. The Kensington is a lovely instrument, but me and it never clicked quite the way that I have with my Suttner or Edgley. So as much as I hate to do it, I am putting it up for sale. Here is a video of someone (not me) playing a Kensington (not mine, but it sounds the same). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36WA3yI99w

Anyway, I am looking to get $2500 off of it. I would prefer a local sale (Since that way the person can try before they buy) but could be persuaded otherwise. I am located in Silver Spring, Maryland.

--

Bill

If you're in SIlver Spring you should be on our DC area squeeze in list! PM me if you want to be included.

• 2 weeks later...

A new Kensington will set you back $1000 more than Bill's asking price. Though it is one of the earlier ones, you won't find anything better for the price. If I was more flush with cash, I'd buy it back from him.

Dana

Hi Bill - I'm in Houston, Texas. I currently have an Edgley, which I do like, but really crave the sweeter sound I hear in instruments with the traditional reeds. I've listened to some clips of the Kensington concertinas on Dana's site and I think your concertina would be what I'm looking for…..if you don't find a local buyer, please follow up me. - Beth