Travels With Concertina

Two upcoming trips that I plan to bring my concertina along if anyone wants to meet up:

Camarillo, California, September 15 - 18 (my wife has a business function, I will just be along for the ride) and a vacation in Northern Europe in October:

17 - 20 Copenhagen

21 Lübeck

22 - 24 Hamburg

25 - 26 Eindhoven

27 - 29 Amsterdam

I have already been in touch with Adrian in Amsterdam and am trying to reach Jim in Denmark.

If anyone is near any of these places and wants to get together and play, let me know.

What a shame David - I'll just miss you in Europe.

I am playing with a bunch of musicians in Ghent and Amsterdam between Oct 16 and 21......just before you get there. They include Mick Bramwich ( who wrote two of the best "How to play Anglo" books) and ace ulliean pipe player Erik ...and we are meeting up with a leading hurdy gurdy player in Ghent.

If you can in any way change your plans we aim to be at the famous Mulligans Sunday Irish session in Amsterdam on Sunday, Oct 20 ....which I suspect starts lunchtime/afternoon and goes on into the evening.

"Let the musi keep your spirits high"

Regards

Geoff Lakeman

What a shame David - I'll just miss you in Europe.

I am playing with a bunch of musicians in Ghent and Amsterdam between Oct 16 and 21......just before you get there. They include Mick Bramwich ( who wrote two of the best "How to play Anglo" books) and ace ulliean pipe player Erik ...and we are meeting up with a leading hurdy gurdy player in Ghent.

If you can in any way change your plans we aim to be at the famous Mulligans Sunday Irish session in Amsterdam on Sunday, Oct 20 ....which I suspect starts lunchtime/afternoon and goes on into the evening.

"Let the musi keep your spirits high"

Sounds great, and I so enjoyed meeting you at the Squeeze-In all those years ago, but the dates are set. Some other time.

I should have asked in previous message- who is Adrian in Amsterdam - a concertina player ? We might be able to meet up with him?

I'm sure you two would get along grandly, but I will leave him to introduce himself.