Rebadging Evidence

Greg Jowaisas

Here's a neat little sample of rebadging. I'm just beginning restoration of an earlier Lachenal with wooden baffles #17412. The Label reads Dawkins and underneath that label is another one for Louis Lachenal. The label with notes on the inner circle of the flat side of the reed pan has the Lachenal information trimmed away.

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

It certainly went on but I doubt if you could prove one way or the other whether it was done with permission, or not.

I know that my Joseph Scates is actually a Rock Chidley from the 'action' but the label very definitely says Joseph Scates, 28 Westmorland Street Dublin

chris

Not quite as vintage, but I have just picked up my first concertina (melodeonist as well) from Martyn - it's a mysterious, black, masked concertina. I shall call it "The Dark Knight", I think. :ph34r:

Mysterious because it is, to all intents and purposes, a Stagi W15MS. Same colour, fretwork, buttons, everything. It just hasn't got any brand names on it. An incognito black box. :)

I wondered if it was an early prototype of the range, perhaps (it seems to date from 2008). Either that or it came off the production line a mite too soon. It's distinctive, anyway.

Well, the only tune I know at present is Constant Billy and he hums along to it now, so he seems quite happy. I think it's a Pavlovian reaction. He has started to associate the sound of squeezeboxes with Real Ale Bars. ;)

He is an NHS clinical worker and therefore possessed of the patience of a saint anyway. It's in the job description.

I have been noodling on the C row anyway. Not as squeaky as the G. Melodeon skills do transfer, to a point. Having to use my bass/chord fingers to do bits of the tunes is a bit of a juggle, and how some of these chord patterns are achieved with one hand I don't know. I think I'll probably do arpeggios instead.