"The lock in" theatre production (From "The Fighting Cocks

Kautilya

getting some good reviews on from 'other side' on Melnet

http://www.thelockindanceshow.co.uk/

pub:The show, the brainchild of award-winning folk band The Demon Barbers, sees a group of street dancers arrive at an apparently deserted pub. Local rumour has it that The Fighting Cocks is the place to be ‘after hours’ but as the regulars arrive a clash of cultures turns into a dance floor stand-off."

http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,10914.msg135048.html#new

Been there, seen it at The Palace Theatre, Watford, earlier this year, under the name "Time, Gentlemen, Please. Now renamed, as above. Good show and well worth seeing if it comes to a venue near you. I give it ***** stars!

Chris

I've seen an earlier version of the show. I've organised a group to go to the show tomorrow at Chatham. Kettle Bridge Clogs might have had a chance to be one of the dance sides performing before the show,, either at Chatham or Canterbury, but the start time and the distance to travel (in the case of Canterbury) made it impractical as too many of us would not be home from the day jobs to give us enough time.

Still we expect to enjoy the show tomorrow.

- John Wild

I've seen the show twice now, once in its 'Time Gentlemen Please' incarnation and again on the current 'The Lock In' tour recently when we (The Powderkegs) danced outside The Lowry show as part of the pre-match entertainment.

Brilliant stuff, the level of dance skill and technical ability in both the Morris and the urban street dance is most impressive and some of the sequences are quite breathtaking. And of course with Damien Barber playing his EC there's even some concertina content!

When they did the show at The Lowry there was even a quick encore-to-the-encore out in the foyer; I suspect that doesn't happen every night (purely because there won't be an appropriate space in every venue), but it really rounded the evening off with a bang 'just when you thought you'd seen everything' ...

I've seen the show twice now, once in its 'Time Gentlemen Please' incarnation and again on the current 'The Lock In' tour recently when we (The Powderkegs) danced outside The Lowry show as part of the pre-match entertainment.

Brilliant stuff, the level of dance skill and technical ability in both the Morris and the urban street dance is most impressive and some of the sequences are quite breathtaking. And of course with Damien Barber playing his EC there's even some concertina content!

When they did the show at The Lowry there was even a quick encore-to-the-encore out in the foyer; I suspect that doesn't happen every night (purely because there won't be an appropriate space in every venue), but it really rounded the evening off with a bang 'just when you thought you'd seen everything' ...

I'm just back from seeing the show at Chatham. Absolutely brilliant, especially as this is probably a smaller than average stage but they got everything into the smaller space with no problems.

And there was the extra encore in the foyer downstairs!

- John Wild