The Edgley and my prediciment

I posted the wooden ended edgley c/g for sale earlier today, and I was informed just now that my post looks like a well known scam, but he checked with Frank and can vouch for me. I am really in a bind. My wife and I have been travelling for many months and the and after being robbed here in Romania where we are currently staying with a friend who is helping us out. There are so many ways I can prove this is not a scam... Please if you are interested for one contact Frank Edgley and I am sure this will all check out, and for two contact me, and I will put you in touch with my mother who I feel you would really put you at ease.... I can also probably find skype and video cam somewhere in this city, and talk my mom through a live video call on skype if you don't trust it, you can see her go to my room and get the instrument and see her hold it up on the video. Please if you are interested look into it further this is no scam, just a desperate man in a difficult position.

I posted the wooden ended edgley c/g for sale earlier today, and I was informed just now that my post looks like a well known scam, but he checked with Frank and can vouch for me.

That "he" would be me.

Kevin's post in Buy and Sell did sound rather like the "I've been mugged in a foreign country; please send money" email scam, but I thought I'd best check it out before voicing suspicions. After all, such things do sometimes happen in real life. Unfortunately for Kevin, it happened to him.

I received enough detail from both Frank and Kevin to reassure me that his post, his situation, and the instrument are genuine. I wish him luck on the sale.

• 2 weeks later...