For Sale Lachenal Edeophone Metal Ended

StephenTx

Lachenal EC Edeophone Raised Metal Ends for New Home

After much soul searching, I have decided to put my Edeophone up for sale. Why? This is my second year in the concertina world; quite honestly I am a recovering concertinist from "concertina acquisition neurosis". Since I started I have purchased a vintage Lachenal (brass), Wheatstone (steel) and a Wheatstone Baritone. I really like all of them but the reality is that I was simply not able to play all of them. This instrument deserves to be owned by someone who will play her.

I purchased her last year here on CNET from a very nice lady from the State of Washington below is what she wrote me all all hold true today.

"She is an English Concertina, 48 keys (lowest note is a G) 6 bellows folds, is tuned to concert pitch and has raised metal ends.

I bought this instrument in the early 1980's just after it was extensively refurbished by Colin Diper (His work stamp can be seen when the metal ends are removed).

The instrument is in excellent shape and has a full gorgeous sound and quick response. The serial #48055 which I think indicates it was around (1912)?

The concertina comes with a sturdy case that was hand crafted in 1985 especially for it."

post-9462-0-56207900-1348623188_thumb.jpgpost-9462-0-05494200-1348623232_thumb.jpgpost-9462-0-12147800-1348623276_thumb.jpgpost-9462-0-41926300-1348623294_thumb.jpgpost-9462-0-54783700-1348623315_thumb.jpg

I have decided to post it initially here on CNET hoping it is bought by someone who I know will appreciate her.

The asking price is $3600 and my personal email is stephenknoll@yahoo.com

Thank you,

StephenTx

Edited by StephenTx

It is interesting that the serial number--No. 48055--is clearly shown on the left end, but another serial number--No. 49506--is just as clearly shown on the reed pan. Did Lachenal mismatch the exterior and interior serial numbers. Or did Colin or someone else swap a reed pan from another instrument? Such swapping is not all that rare, but more often is done with lower-grade hexagonal Lachenals. Its a shame if it took two used Edeophones to come up with one playable instrument.

Edited by Dowright

Yes that is why I included that picture. . I wouldn't say that it was necessarily unfortunate but rather isn't it fortunate that we have the capability of fixing these rich vintage instruments and bringing them back to great shape.

Edited by StephenTx