Tune Book(s) for a Beginner?

I am posting on behalf of a friend who is at sea most of the time and has recently started to learn the anglo - one of those nice little Rochelles. He has Mick Bramish's "Absolute Beginners" tutor and Wim Wacker's Rochelle book, but would like to branch out into other tunes. He is unable to read dots - are there any tune books about which use the same sort of "tab" (for want of a better word) as these tutors?

I am posting on behalf of a friend who is at sea most of the time and has recently started to learn the anglo - one of those nice little Rochelles. He has Mick Bramish's "Absolute Beginners" tutor and Wim Wacker's Rochelle book, but would like to branch out into other tunes. He is unable to read dots - are there any tune books about which use the same sort of "tab" (for want of a better word) as these tutors?

that's a great question--one I'd also be interested in the answer of. for. to. whatever.

that's a great question--one I'd also be interested in the answer of. for. to. whatever.

I'm not sure what styles you two are looking to play, but I am currently putting the finishing touches on a 100-page tutor titled "Anglo Concertina in the Harmonic Style". It utilizes a very easy tablature system to teach melody, chords and accompaniment utilizing all three rows, and will also feature transcriptions of tunes recorded by many top players who play in the more "English" harmonic style (as opposed to the mostly single note Irish melodic style). It will have well over 50 tunes, from very simple to very difficult, and with luck will be out in time for Christmas.

In the meanwhile, sensing you like ITM, I've attached a sneak preview. The tutor is for Anglos with Wheatstone/Lachenal accidentals on the top row, so it should work perfectly for your Rochelle. Enjoy!

Gary

AngloTutor-Keyboard-p7.pdf

AngloTutor-Tab-p8.pdf

AngloTutor-NedOfTheHill-p26.pdf

I'm not sure what styles you two are looking to play, but I am currently putting the finishing touches on a 100-page tutor titled "Anglo Concertina in the Harmonic Style". It utilizes a very easy tablature system to teach melody, chords and accompaniment utilizing all three rows, and will also feature transcriptions of tunes recorded by many top players who play in the more "English" harmonic style (as opposed to the mostly single note Irish melodic style). It will have well over 50 tunes, from very simple to very difficult, and with luck will be out in time for Christmas.

In the meanwhile, sensing you like ITM, I've attached a sneak preview. The tutor is for Anglos with Wheatstone/Lachenal accidentals on the top row, so it should work perfectly for your Rochelle. Enjoy!

Gary

Man, that looks great! Thanks for the tease. ITM is exactly what I'm about right now, so keep us posted on the release of this. I'll put it on my Xmas list.