My Carroll Bb/F concertina *possibly* for sale

Azalin

Well, as the title says, I might *possibly* sell my wonderful Bb/F Carroll concertina. I received this instrument in may 2011. It's the first small model in Bb/F ever made by Wally Carroll. As you can see with the pictures, it looks wonderful. It has de Art Deco design. I just recorded a video clip, as usual I end up playing too fast but anyway it gives a good idea of the sound. I really love the sound of it, it's hard to describe but it's very mellow and powerful at the same time. I have been playing it mostly at home and in some "C" sessions, so it's pretty much as new. The layout is Jeffries, with two reverse C# (or the equivalent in Bb/F). I've had a few more modifications made to the layout with some very high notes, I can list them upon request.

Here's the video clip:

http://youtu.be/ZJnkV8rzolY

The reason I'm thinking of selling is because there's many factors converging toward the need for me to have more money. I am sponsoring my Vietnamese wife to come to Canada and she should get her VISA in a few months... and my mortgage is due for renewal in a few months at a higher interest rate since I currently have a variable rate (at a smacking 2.5%!). So I have this great Carroll concertina sitting there but not being played that much because I use my Dipper C/G for sessions, and most people I was playing C sessions with have pretty much moved out of town. I just feel it would be the wise thing to do for me to use this money for my immediate needs.

So I've made some calculations and the instrument cost me about CDN$6650 including what it cost me to go get it in the US. I'm looking to sell the instrument around that price, and I'm not looking to make any money out of this sale. I said that I might "possibly" sell it because I just want to have the option to change my mind. I am pretty convinced this is what I want to do, but I've been shaky with my resolve. It's just that my priorities are changing a bit, having gotten married last january... So if anyone is interested, let me know!

post-675-0-13476600-1342382284_thumb.jpg

post-675-0-17366300-1342382293_thumb.jpg

post-675-0-16520100-1342382300_thumb.jpg

post-675-0-22609800-1342382316_thumb.jpg

....wow, what a beautiful example of Wally's work. It is sad that you might have to part with it. But you will always be able to come back to the flock in the future. New paths, new horizons...best of wishes with new Wifette from our little community! Shelly

....wow, what a beautiful example of Wally's work. It is sad that you might have to part with it. But you will always be able to come back to the flock in the future. New paths, new horizons...best of wishes with new Wifette from our little community! Shelly

Thank you! The Wifette had to deal with my daily concertina practice when we were living together in Vietnam for a few months... and she survived!