Sloppy Buttons

Anyone out there help a new comer i am in the prosess of repading and valueing a Jones 27 key anglo concertina. It has sloppy / wobbley buttons I had thought of using Areldite to glue the in place but it seems a bit servere.

How do I fix the wobbley buttons and any tips on improving the action ?

I was going to send it to be restored but am enjoying doing it myself PLEASE HELP

THANKS Andy :ph34r:

You probably need to replace the felts in the transverse holes in the buttons, and the felt bushings around the buttons, if it was originally equipped with them. It has to be woven felt and can be obtained from a concertina maker overseas, or "Organ Supply Industries", in Erie Penn. The felt around the buttons should be glued with a water soluable glue such as a hide glue. Also, if the button's guide pins are coming out of their holes you will have to replace the pads covering the vent holes. Call me at the end of August if you have any questions. :)

I was going to send it to be restored but am enjoying doing it myself PLEASE HELP

Andy

How can you really enjoy this and at the same time "screaming" (in capitols) for help. Sounds to me like your mind is set to do it yourself no matter what! You might be heading for disaster.