Tune identification?

LDT

There were a couple of tunes played at ECMW I liked and want to learn....recorded them, but have no idea of the names. Can you help me.

TUNE 6

http://www.onmvoice....lay.php?a=58311

Is that the right link? The tunes that points to are already correctly tagged as Jacky Tar & the Sportsmans.

Don't know any of the others, but I want to learn #3 too ...

Tune 2 is an untitled 3 part Polka from Scan Tester. It's a great favourite of Will Duke, but that doesn't sound like him playing it. Will generally has a lighter touch. Dooley Chapman played the first two parts and he didn't have a name for it either. I'm pretty sure the Cameron Brothers had it as well. I think you'll find it on line in the appendix to the Lewes Arms tune book.

Can't help with the other two!

Best wishes,

Roger

Don't know any of the others, but I want to learn #3 too ...

Number 3 sounds very familiar. I think it's (a variant of?) one I've danced to in New England. I'm pretty sure I've also heard it as a song, though I can't seem to recall any of the words at the moment. In fact, I suspect it was a song first, since both parts seem to have an "extra" measure, making them 17 measures long, rather unusual for a dance tune.

Tune 3 sounds like a version of "The Rivers of Texas" a song I have heard Bill Stains-a Folk singer-sing. He has recorded it on his Whistle of the Jay album. He plays it more up tempo and tune 3's b part is somewhat different but the A part sounds like it to me.