14th Saltburn Folk Festival (UK)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm looking forward to Saltburn Festival this year, its always a good one.

I have offered to run a 'Concertina Cafe' during the Saturday and Sunday morning of the festival, where players of all systems (or people who would like to play) could just drop in and chat about concertinas, play some tunes, I have a few boxes that people could have a try on if they haven't played before and generally promote this wonderful instrument. Do you think this would be a good idea? are there some players or would be players out there who would like this type of event?

I am awaiting a response from John Taylor and co whether they have space for it and I would appreciate your comments.

Angie

I have offered to run a 'Concertina Cafe' during the Saturday and Sunday morning of the festival, where players of all systems (or people who would like to play) could just drop in and chat about concertinas, play some tunes, I have a few boxes that people could have a try on if they haven't played before and generally promote this wonderful instrument. Do you think this would be a good idea? are there some players or would be players out there who would like this type of event?

Letting someone try out a spare concertina is a very good way of getting more players, I lent a spare Anglo to a friend, who'd tried an English but not taken to it, and only a few weeks down the line it was being played at a session in the pub and they'd ordered themselves a new concertina biggrin.gif ........ and they'd mastered playing and singing at the same time ..... lovely to listen to biggrin.gif

Edited by anlej

• 1 month later...