BicyclePump Polka

Dirge

I suspect the melodion enthusiasts have already seen

but it was new to me and took my fancy. Can't see any problem with doing it on a duet, for starters.

He seems to get an extra percussive effect by rattling the bellows (I think). That was the only bit that might cause problems. (foot stamps perhaps) Otherwise I thought it should be added to everyone's repertoires; bound to raise a smile from the spectators.

(What on earth are the strange gasps and groans going on in the background?)

aaahhhh; too cool. Hope you'll do the translation to your duet. For myself, I'll have to the the huffs verbally?? no air valve on my EC. sigh. I guess some tunes are just out of the relm. :(...... Michelle

Not sure this is playable on any thing except a melodeon as the gasps and groans is the sound of the the air rushing in and out of the air button hole. On a melodeon this is fairly large and on cheap melodeons quite noisy :)

X:35

T:Bicycle Pump Polka

M:4/4

L:1/8

K:G

d2 BG D2 G2|z8|c2 AF D2 F2|z8|

d2 BG D2 G2|z8|c2 AF D2 F2|z8:||

d2 BG DGBd|c2 AA A2 A2|c2 AF E2 F2|G2 B2 d4|

d2 BG DGBd|c2 AA A2 A2|c2 AF E2 F2|G2 G2 G4:||

That's handy Lester; when I looked for the music all I found was someone saying that he "Didn't think there was an ABC symbol for rushing air." so I had just bookmarked it and was hitting play whenever I passed.

Here it is translated to save anyone else:

I think it will work; I can get a decent heavy breathing effect off the air button. (It used to wind the dog up something rotten)

It's a it of a laugh, isn't it, and not a huge effort to learn!

• 2 months later...