National Folk Festival

A great festival! :D

It was great to meet Dan Worrall in the workshops. He presented his research into the Anglo, and the early techniques in Australia, South Africa, Ireland, England, US, ...

This is great research, with surprising results, and I am trying to work up some pieces in octave style.

The only problem was that they scheduled his sessions in conflict with the "settlers session", and one was at 10 am (which in NFF terms is the crack of dawn).

There were lots of concers in evidence - on the stage, in workshops, in the session bar, and a lot of people I did not know were carrying around square cases. (in answer to the other thread - many more than PAs).

Concers are certainly healthy in folk music in Australia (based on my very unscientific research).

It was great to meet you Rod and many of the other concertinists at the fesitival. The Worrall worshop times were hard but I made them, I could understand why many couldn't. There were many tina players there plus others wishing to learn. Next year we need workshops for absolute beginners!

Also you may like to check out the Concertina Caterpillar I posted on U tube and in our videos here... we could have done with a few more players for a world record!

...you may like to check out the Concertina Caterpillar I posted on U tube and in our videos here...

Does Guinness know about this?

to the caterpillar.

Edited to add: I see now that bushlass has started a separate thread here, where she gives the link.

Edited by JimLucas