Lachenal Crane Duet Reluctantly For Sale

Tim Hall

This is a gorgeous instrument in full playing condition. 42 keys, wooden ends, metal buttons. The range is from C to e on the left hand (an octave and a third) and from c to c2 on the right hand (two full octaves). It's a nice small duet - light, portable, a good sound, in tune at A440, and a heck of a lot of fun. I just bought this from Barleycorn Concertinas, so you know it's in good condition. Comes with a vintage, if not original, locking blocked case which stores the instrument the right way round (not one of the standard Lachenal hexagonal cases).

So why am I selling it? Well, my wife just quit her salaried job to open a new small business, and her accounts receiveable aren't quite keeping up with the payables. So, I'm going to have to put off the Crane duet for a while. I'd like to get out of it what I put in, which is USD$1200 including shipping to the lower 48 states. If you're overseas, I'll share the shipping cost with you.

Pictures available via email to any who ask for them. Let me know if there are specific views you'd like. Just in case anyone wants to verify that this isn't a scam, you can find me on the Web at my employer's website - the University of Louisville law school. Look for the faculty listings, and you can verify my email address and identity.

I'd rather not put this on Ebay given the current concertina climate (why did the scammers pick concertinas, for heaven's sake?), so if anyone here might like it, drop me a line.

Best,

Tim Hall

hallt@louisville.edu

post-5-1089118024.jpg

Edited by Tim Hall