parson's farewell

Guest mattCD

David Cornell has an arrangement in his selection of tunes for duet; it's one of the simpler ones and doesn't go too low so might adapt for English.

I tried to save just the page and attach it but as usual the pdf defeated me so you'll have to print your own off. This should get you there though

I'd forgotten I can play this so thanks for the prod!

David Cornell has an arrangement in his selection of tunes for duet; it's one of the simpler ones and doesn't go too low so might adapt for English.

I tried to save just the page and attach it but as usual the pdf defeated me so you'll have to print your own off. This should get you there though

I'd forgotten I can play this so thanks for the prod!

Parson's Farewell Cornell-Compendium.pdf

Thanks guys. However, I have a jackie so I dont have any bass clef notes.

That's not true - it goes down to the G below middle C. You should be able to play the first 1.75 bars without any modifications!

What's more, you can play the whole arrangement (well, I think so - I just played it in my head) by a combination of:

1. Playing the low notes up an octave when they go off the bottom of the concertina

2. Sometimes playing a low A instead of the low F, when it's not possible to put it up an octave.

With a bit of practice you'll be able to make those adaptations pretty much at sight.

Alternatively, shift it up a tone (Am rather than Gm), and you'll be able to do the same thing but with fewer workarounds.

Or, shift it up to Cm - you'll probably be able to to almost the whole arrangement then, though it will be a bit squeaky.

My favorit scheme for the chords differs from the one in Dirge's link...

In

I am playing the tune basically in Dm:

I am using the following scheme:

per bar:

Dm | C | Bes | Am |

Dm | C | Bes | Am |

F | F | F | C |

Am | Dm | Gm/Am | Dm |

Best of luck,

Marien