Kensington has arrived

CaryK

Just wanted to share some personal good news. Its been a tough year for many reasons, but I recently received a new Kensington built by Dana Johnson. It was a long wait, but well worth it. The concertina plays beautifully (very fast and responsive) and the tone of the concertina reeds is first rate. After its played-in awhile I expect it will be an even better instrument, than it already is. Aesthetically, it is also lovely to look at and hold. I'm blessed to own this instrument and grateful that Dana has kept his prices down for so many years or it would not have been affordable . I don't expect he can do that forever, but if his wait list ever opens again, the Kensington is a real value among concertina-reeded instruments. It should give pleasure for many decades to come. I'm also fortunate to own an Edgley A/E, which is also a great instrument. I don't want to own two C/G instruments, so I will be selling my Herrington C/G in the near future, though it's an instrument I will miss. Will post for sale soon.

Edited by CaryK

Letting a good concertina go because you've got a better one is always a bitter sweet moment. Congrats on the Kensington. Never met one yet but everything I've heard has been very good.

Chris

They are great instruments. It's nice to see someone else talking about meeting instruments like they're people, B)