A bit of prcatice

Here is a few pictures of a face plate I am cutting for practice. This is coming along well but want to get a set of magnifying lens (Binocular) to allow a bit more precision. Comments please. Also a big hand of thanks to Bob for the pic's I used to make my template. Any comments welcome.

Michael

post-3997-12695064914735_thumb.jpg

post-3997-12695065234473_thumb.jpg

Here is a few pictures of a face plate I am cutting for practice. This is coming along well but want to get a set of magnifying lens (Binocular) to allow a bit more precision. Comments please. Also a big hand of thanks to Bob for the pic's I used to make my template. Any comments welcome.

Michael

Good-looking stuff indeed, Michael!

I am looking for binocular magifying lenses myself (for daily wear ;-) ). Are you happy with the Proxxon?

/Henrik

Edited by Henrik Müller

Michael

Good-looking stuff indeed, Michael!

I am looking for binocular magifying lenses myself (for daily wear ;-) ). Are you happy with the Proxxon?

/Henrik

Yes once I got use to it's set up it cut very nicely. Could use a work holding guide and the air nozzle needed to have a paper gasket put around the shaft so it would stay in place but other than that it cuts nice the quick tensioner workers well and the slow start is very nice for starting to cut. the air coupler works well with Record Power standard nozzles so, yeah I am happy with it.

Thanks for the compliment on the cutting and still working on getting the milling to be just the way I want it but hey; when shooting for quality it takes time to get the protocols just right.

Michael