Waltz

m3838

Hi. Here I offer a simple rendition of a waltz.

It's a guitar score, but done for beginners, and done well.

In Anglo friendly key.

Here is the website.

Here is the Youtube excerpt from revolutionary Russian movie.

And here is the score part 1 and part 2.

Music historians out there, who is the composer, when it was written?

Have fun.cool.gif

Hi Mischa

Is there a chance you could give us a hint of the name of the tune in English or American or additional information. I don't think many of us read Russian. :blink:

The reason I ask, is the last tune you came up with, Soldaty V Pohod, was used in the 1999 Hallmark TV version of "Animal Farm" as the basis of the song "Glorious Leader Napoleon!" - Squealer's Song by Richard Harvey. That's where I heard it before, so that tune is not entirely isolated to Russia.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9153412213802919416&ei=twbBSv6dOJWmlQedsZjrBg&q=animal+farm&hl=en#

Fast forward to 1:22:00 to hear his version of it.

You never know what will be found, or where it will show up.

Thanks

Leo

Hi. Here I offer a simple rendition of a waltz.

It's a guitar score, but done for beginners, and done well.

In Anglo friendly key.

Here is the website.

Here is the Youtube excerpt from revolutionary Russian movie.

And here is the score part 1 and part 2.

Music historians out there, who is the composer, when it was written?

Have fun.cool.gif

Hi Mischa

Is there a chance you could give us a hint of the name of the tune in English or American or additional information. I don't think many of us read Russian. :blink:

The reason I ask, is the last tune you came up with, Soldaty V Pohod, was used in the 1999 Hallmark TV version of "Animal Farm" as the basis of the song "Glorious Leader Napoleon!" - Squealer's Song by Richard Harvey. That's where I heard it before, so that tune is not entirely isolated to Russia.

http://video.google....mal+farm&hl=en#

Fast forward to 1:22:00 to hear his version of it.

You never know what will be found, or where it will show up.

Thanks

Leo

The name is "Autumn Dream", the year is 1909.

Written by Archibald Joyce

Original title: "Songe d’Automne"

Supposedly played on the Titanic Page 3:

http://www.atlanticliners.com/Images/Other%20Images/PDF/Article%20Titanic%20Mysteries%20Music%20to%20Drown%20By.PDF

Thanks

Leo

I shouldn't have given you so many clues.

It sounds very Russian, probably was written after Joice' tour in Russia, and the funniest part, most Russians think it's some famous Russian Waltz. Well, it's not.

What's striking is that the music is so nostalgic, sad and heart felt, it makes it impossible to connect with modern Western culture. I also am surprised to learn that when (frequently) the question is asked on this forum to supply some waltzes, the offer is all BUT real stuff. I think I should have learned about Joice here, not from some obscure Russian website. Any comments on it? Any takers to learn the waltz?

I spent the weekend working on this. The written music is a hint of what is performed on the film clip. There is a lot in the orchestral score that, when I have more time to dissect. will fit nicely in playing on the EC.

rss

Hi.

Yes, the orchestra is impressive and the score is graded for beginners on guitar. It is missing a piece of music and follows the single line melody with mostly oompa on the rhythm. That's why I think it will suit beginner-to-intermediate Duet players perfectly. Anglo may be not too difficult either. English needs more elaboration, but still, may sound OK. As usually, look forward to your rendition.