Liam Clancy RIP

dear friends,

last week Liam Clancy died. He played the English Concertina. I know him from 'Ar Eireann Ni Neosfainn Cé Hí'(For Ireland I won't say her name), the first tune I ever learned on EC from the teaching of Ann Conroy-Burke.

Thanks for the good music and songs Liam!

Dirk

dear friends,

last week Liam Clancy died. He played the English Concertina. I know him from 'Ar Eireann Ni Neosfainn Cé Hí'(For Ireland I won't say her name), the first tune I ever learned on EC from the teaching of Ann Conroy-Burke.

Dirk

I think its easy for people to forget how much an influence the Clancy Brothers had, and Liam was one of the best.

Of course now that he's made it past the pearly gates, he's playing a Crane.

Edited by Hooves

dear friends,

Dirk

Commiserations!

I met Liam in Oslo, Oh, must be 10 years ago or so. Great man. Glad I met at least one of the Clancy's. Hero's!

• 2 weeks later...

dear friends,

Dirk

Sorry to hear this - I grew old with the music of the Clancy Brothers - an Liam was a great musician.