C.net Members Passes

s2maur

Members,

Long time c.net member (since December '03) and avid concertina enthusiast Bill Hamilton died suddenly this past August 23, 2009 while attending a professional conference in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. He did not have any posts and was unnoticed by most but stated to me that he learned much from the many forums offered here. He was a play at home amateur whose only audience was himself and occasionally his sister when they visited or he called her up so she could hear one of the new tunes that he had worked up.

Bill and I met when I had posted a concertina for sale. He purchased it and we had become friends over time. We had always planned to go to a NHICS workshop together in the Cincinnati area but time and health did not allow us that special occasion.

Bill owned several concertinas of varying makes and quality. His best would be a 30b wooden ended (burled/wood unknown) anglo made my Wim Wakker, a 30b marcus anglo, a 38b stagi, an unknown Italian (?) made 48b English, a 2 row 20 button by Castagnari - "Lilly" single voice - like new and another 2 row 12 button accordion by Giordi.

I am gong to help his sister sell these instruments by listing them here on the buy and sell forum when I have had a chance to photograph and play them for better judgment as to pricing. It will be awhile yet before she and I will be able to get together so please, do not PM yet. When we have figured out the prices and have all the pics taken, I will then post them one at a time until all are sold.

I wish you all could have known Bill. He was a good player with much humility.

Steve Maurice

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a Picture of Bill with what I believe to be a Wakker 'tina in hand. This picture is by courtesy of Bill's sister.

Alan, maybe you will recognize him. He was a Doctor of Optometry so maybe he examined your eyes at some point in time.