Elizabethan Serenade...ronald Binge

Robin Harrison

Thanks Leo............I'd sourced these before I posted( and a recorded version I put in my post). I was looking for a free download.I guess I should have specified I was looking something someone could scan and email .

If I have no luck here, I will go the ebay route.

Thanks anyway Robin

Robin

The MIDI suggestion is free, and easy to email. Right click then save and will download it to wherever you specify on your computer.

The player that I use is: http://www.notation.com/DownloadNotationPlayer.htm

It's also free. Displays and prints. Limited in capability, but serves the purpose.

I believe the transcription in the MIDI format was done by George Pollen, a copyist to Ronald Binge in 1999.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

That's really clever Leo; thank you. I found some new tunes for later, and some for very much later (Art Tatum? Or possibly never...). There was a moment of annoyance when, after spending ten minutes reading the Help files and trying to adjust staves in several parts into a piano part, as it said you should be able to do, I realised I would have to pay to do that; they didn't ever say, "but you need to pay to do this" though. Still, another fruitful source of interesting music. Thanks, matey.

Are there lots of midi sites about? What's the point of them? I'm right that the site owner has laboriously created the file from sheet music, am I? Who are they aimed at?

That's really clever Leo; thank you. I found some new tunes for later, and some for very much later (Art Tatum? Or possibly never...). There was a moment of annoyance when, after spending ten minutes reading the Help files and trying to adjust staves in several parts into a piano part, as it said you should be able to do, I realised I would have to pay to do that; they didn't ever say, "but you need to pay to do this" though. Still, another fruitful source of interesting music. Thanks, matey.

Are there lots of midi sites about? What's the point of them? I'm right that the site owner has laboriously created the file from sheet music, am I? Who are they aimed at?

Hi Dirge

Yes like I mentioned limited in scope, but serves the purpose. You've already found the purpose: "I'd like to change" something. And I believe they are aimed at us or anyone like us for the purposes we are discussing. A long time ago there was written music (pen and paper), then came recorded music (first records, then tape), now we have digital music. I'm pretty sure the Moog Synthesizer was one of the first. I still have my vinyl record of "Switched on Bach". Like word processors replaced typewriters with their versatility (Whiteout anyone?), writing music and editing it on a computer has become the simplest way to put notes to paper and make changes. Even our own tune-o-tron page that converts abc to notes uses MIDI. Now there is even a MIDI concertina.

Chances are that site owner Leslie Nelson Burns did transcribe most of the tunes on her site. It says so on page 2 under Folk Music. Others were done by Barry Taylor. Last time I looked for midi sites on Google ther were 11 million. I had to refine my search quite a few times to get it down to a more manageable number. There is any flavor of music including Art Tatum. Type in his name and add MIDI in the search engine (I did). That will keep you busy for at least few minutes.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

It certainly did keep me occupied happily for quite a while; it's even got me breaking the habits of a lifetime (or as near as that comes with computers) and seriously contemplating buying the full program!