Bay Area Hayden Duet Concertina Players

mwatersworld

Is there anyone in the Bay Area who plays Hayden Duet and is interested in getting together? I acquired my Elise about six months ago (previously a melodeon player) and have been making steady albeit slow progress. Would love to find a teacher but equally happy just to meet and play along with others. I live in Sacramento but happy to come to San Francisco and the Bay Area.

Many thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone in the Bay Area who plays Hayden Duet and is interested in getting together? I acquired my Elise about six months ago (previously a melodeon player) and have been making steady albeit slow progress. Would love to find a teacher but equally happy just to meet and play along with others. I live in Sacramento but happy to come to San Francisco and the Bay Area.

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi, Mark--

I played Hayden a lot for a while but I now play most of my duet music on a Crane. I know of a couple of other local Hayden players

but I don't know how actively either one is playing - I haven't seen one of them in a few years. If you send me a private message with your email address I will contact them for you.

We periodically do Bay Area concertina players' gatherings but haven't done one for almost a year, since the two of us who organize them have been busy with other things. Your inquiry might be an incentive to make one happen.

I doubt you'll be able to find a Hayden teacher around here.