Ab-doer Gadget, And Yay For Aspirin, Too!

bellowbelle

One night I woke up to discover I'd left the TV on by mistake....or, something like that....and there was an infomercial-thing on about the AB-DOer Xtreme, an exercise gadget I hadn't heard about, yet. I watched in stupified half-awake awe and said, 'I want one! Now!'

I didn't order it right then, went back to sleep. But, I got one the other day at a Wal-Mart (for way less $$, and with the price knocked down because someone had returned it and the re-packaging looked insane).

Anyway, long story short, this is a really great little gadget. I had to make a space for it, but, it's not really huge and I needed a chair, too, anyway. I mean, at least you can sit down on it, even if you are just eating your dinner....heheh. Really, though, it's a nice, low-resistance exerciser, and very nice on my fairly weak back.

The reason I'd recommend this for some concertina players is that it helps upper body circulation, arm muscles, etc..

So, now I have the (small-home-sized) edge-trainer (Tony Little Gazelle), which I love, and the AB-DOer Extreme. Got rid of an exercise bike, don't like those much. These two gadgets can be really 'worked,' or, like me, you can just sorta go for a joy-ride and stretch out for fun. (Yeah, I'd love to look like an athlete, but I LOVE TO EAT WHAT I WANT AND WHEN I WANT!!! :angry: :P )

FYI -- if you buy one and it's missing one of the pins needed for assembly, while you wait for one to arrive (toll-free customer service number, etc.), you can use an aluminum crochet hook and two elastics in place of the pin for the foam massage roller! Works fine. (The previous buyer musta lost it...tossed in a candy wrapper in its place, into the box.)

Anyway, for ARMS and UPPER BODY help that's nice and easy -- you might like the AB-DOer. Gets more areas than just lifting hand-weights does.

As for aspirin....

Well, as I've mentioned, I've taken fioricet for migraines, and other products with acetominophen (in moderation) for migraines and other pains like arthritis and whatever. They're great, but, lately I've had swelling in my fingers. Aspirin is more of an anti-inflammatory, I found out, and -- well, that seems to be true! So, I may just try that for a while and drop the other stuff.

Edited by bellowbelle

Anyway, for ARMS and UPPER BODY help that's nice and easy -- you might like the AB-DOer. Gets more areas than just lifting hand-weights does.

Meself, I've just been helping a friend remove stones (from fist-sized to an estimated 100 kg) from his field to prepare it for planting.

Amazing results after only a couple of days! :)

Meself, I've just been helping a friend remove stones (from fist-sized to an estimated 100 kg) from his field to prepare it for planting.

Amazing results after only a couple of days! :)

That would be the end of me, for sure.... :blink: I can push the buttons on my concertina, but often I can't even hold a pen to write, without my hands hurting (....yes, have been to the doctors). I use gloves throughout most of the day. I do usually enjoy what work I have to do outside, but the latest thing has just been shoveling snow....still waiting for REAL springtime.

If I'm doing all the activities that I'm 'supposed' to be doing around here in a day, I'm pretty much in motion all the time, lifting, twisting, bending, walking the dog (who pulled me right over onto my abs, the other day...!), and all that. But, by the end of the day, rather than feeling nicely worked-out, I'm usually just tired and can only think of all the things I didn't manage to get to.

So -- that's why I like my indoor 'Gadgets-By-The-TV.' I can RELAX while I stretch. True, I could just stretch out on a floor mat, and I have one of those -- but, I really like that it's a chair of sorts. For one thing, it's very muddy here a lot of times, and my floors are often not something I want to lie down on, IF there's even enough space to do that....must go vertical!

Very, very, very sorry to hear about your hands and migranes

Some sort of advice would be: don't do anything to lose weight or look like an athlete, but instead do things to get more healthy. Then your abs will come in without been invited. I'd cut down on meat consumption, gradually, to a point where you don't eat it at all or just a little bit on weekends, for example, with lots of vegitables. And I'd start eating more live foods and drop that cereal. Coffee? - no. Soda? - NO. Candies? - even bigger NO. Chocolate? - sure, dark one. I'll guarantee you will feel better in 2-3 months. And those yummy tomatoes with vegitable oil, light toast and avocado in the morning? Never need anything else.

P.S.

Don't count calories as well. People don't eat calories, they eat food.